• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 - Oce cs 9160 printhead

Hello, we have a ecosolvent printer Oce CS 9160 and we are thinking of buying a new printhead. The problem is that when I looked online for a oce CS9160 printhead, I can't find one ! When the machine starts, it says MUTOH Valuejet 1614, so I suppose the head is DX5 (at least it looks like). I know that Oce just bought the rights to put their logo in Mutoh machine, but in regarding to buy a new printhead, I just want to be sure. I heard some rumours that the printhead may be slightly different (in terms of firmware on the machine), but nothing sure. Also if I can find somehow the code from the head (in the machine's software) that will help.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That would be a DX5 head but unfortunately there is more than 1 version of DX5 head. Depending on how OCE handles the firmware, it could require a very specific DX5 print head and if you put the wrong one in, it won't damage the machine but it just won't print correctly. The heads are a little too expensive to be using trial and error on this one. I would try to find someone who has done it before on the specific model.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
They don't normally write the part number on the head itself. There are a couple ways to tell which version of head you have. The easiest way being to compare the cable terminals. If you take the head out, look at the terminals where the head cables plug into. There will be some white vertical lines that sort of make a pattern. As long as you buy a print head that matches those patterns, you should be good to go.