• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1624 Help

morty87

Hello, I bought a refurbished mutoh 1624 here locally because they had said it was new everything on it including the print head and it came with flexi 12.
When I received it...it was missing large areas on nozzle check etc etc etc. Anyways owner came over spent 4.5 hours here fixing it. changed dampers, new line connectors and new print head. a few other things too. I know cause i sat and watched him. Now the printer when using photo paper an icc profiles has about a 12-14 inch area in the middle that the paper bunches between the rollers and the head strikes happen. I have wasted a CRAP load of media, trying to fix this. Raise paper lever, lower, head raise, lower temps of pre, platen and dryer. I have lowered significantly as i had read other ppl say the bunching is usually heat related. I just cant figure it out. I use epson photo matte, and also another matte paper. Also the cutter just had a new blade put in it, but after it makes the initial pass over the media it sounds like its grinding/grating instead of nice smooth cuts when it was first installed 3 days ago. UGH any help would be appreciated. I have 90 day warranty but I really do need a good printer an i have not read anyone bashing on this one...that i noticed.

Attachments

• 20180419_064738.jpg
    20180419_064738.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 129
  • 20180419_071134.jpg
    20180419_071134.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 92
  • 20180419_071141.jpg
    20180419_071141.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 82

morty87

Set your vacuum to strong..you are head striking the media
It is on strong, the dealer I bought machine from suggested i put it down to medium. Same issues. Always the same spots too. only thing that changes is whether its happens at start, middle or the end. :(

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You probably need new pinch rollers. If heat settings and vacuum settings don't stop the bucking, it's either a material issue or pinch roller issue.