• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help MUTOH 1624 - ink misfire - bad dampers?

nemesis2180

Hey guys,

I_ve got issues with my [HASHTAG]#1624[/HASHTAG]. My prints were banded, so I performed nozzle check. [HASHTAG]#Nozzles[/HASHTAG] were ok, but [HASHTAG]#banding[/HASHTAG] didnt dissapeared. So, I took loupe and look closely to nozzle check pattern. I saw that horizontal lines were ok, but vertical lines of cyan were misfired. So i decided to run adjust print pattern. Choosed fine pattern and i get terrible results. See in pictures bellow.

is this bad [HASHTAG]#damper[/HASHTAG] or something else? Thanks for your replies in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20180608_154652.jpg
    IMG_20180608_154652.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 817
  • IMG_20180608_154711.jpg
    IMG_20180608_154711.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 666

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately that looks like head damage to me. Whenever the test print looks fine but the patterns that require smaller dots print fuzzy like in your examples, it usually means the head is fried electronically. You can try to clean the cables and terminals and sometimes that will help but especially if it's an older head, it's probably time for a new one. It won't hurt to change the dampers and cap tops if they are older than a year but that probably isn't the issue.

nemesis2180

The machine is 5 years old and dampers never been changed since installation. I only changed capping stations.

Thanks for reply

nemesis2180

Hey guys,

I've got update. I was trying to print different patterns and yes, small drop familly is problem for printer. If I perform pattern print, SDF pattern is fuzzy as hell. MDF or LDF is way better, but lines are little bit curved. I've got messy head cables, I''ll try clean it them, but I dont think, there is any solution to repair it. :/

If anyone has experiences how to deal with it, pls send me message or leave comment. Thanks!

nemesis2180

Hello DSD,

First years I was using mutoh eco solvent inks, after 3 years converted on UMS Mutoh inks. My technician told me, thats a miracle when I m prinitng another 3 years on UMS inks and head still printing :D