Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help MUTOH 1624 - ink misfire - bad dampers?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by nemesis2180, Jun 8, 2018.

1. nemesis2180

nemesis2180 New Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Brno
    Hey guys,

I_ve got issues with my #1624. My prints were banded, so I performed nozzle check. #Nozzles were ok, but #banding didnt dissapeared. So, I took loupe and look closely to nozzle check pattern. I saw that horizontal lines were ok, but vertical lines of cyan were misfired. So i decided to run adjust print pattern. Choosed fine pattern and i get terrible results. See in pictures bellow.

is this bad #damper or something else? Thanks for your replies in advance!

Attached Files:

2. VanderJ

VanderJ Merchant Member - Printer Parts and Sevice

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Unfortunately that looks like head damage to me. Whenever the test print looks fine but the patterns that require smaller dots print fuzzy like in your examples, it usually means the head is fried electronically. You can try to clean the cables and terminals and sometimes that will help but especially if it's an older head, it's probably time for a new one. It won't hurt to change the dampers and cap tops if they are older than a year but that probably isn't the issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nemesis2180

nemesis2180 New Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Brno
    The machine is 5 years old and dampers never been changed since installation. I only changed capping stations.

Thanks for reply

4. nemesis2180

nemesis2180 New Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Brno
    Hey guys,

I've got update. I was trying to print different patterns and yes, small drop familly is problem for printer. If I perform pattern print, SDF pattern is fuzzy as hell. MDF or LDF is way better, but lines are little bit curved. I've got messy head cables, I''ll try clean it them, but I dont think, there is any solution to repair it. :/

If anyone has experiences how to deal with it, pls send me message or leave comment. Thanks!

5. DSD

DSD Member

Are you using original Mutoh Ink or another brand? If another brand which one?