• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Mutoh 1624 - Service Company Inquiry

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Hello all & hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend.

I am looking for a service company to come and change a maintenance station on one of our 1624's, and troubleshoot our other 1624.

A little background... The below email I sent to our old Feller's rep, should provide good info:

We bought a Mutoh 1624 from Fellers back in ~early 2015 to match the 1624 we already had. For the sake of this message, I’ll be calling the one we already had the “old printer”, and the one we got from Fellers the “new printer”. Our old printer has been running great all this time with no issues, and no parts replaced. The new printer has had some issues over the 3 years we have had it, and we’re looking to see if someone can come out here that knows these machines well to see if they can help us out.

At the start when your rep came out to set up the new printer, we had both printers where they could print identical colors and we would never worry about banding or any print issues with either machine. Over time, the new printer has lost substantial amount of quality. We have been mainly using the old printer to produce quality prints (dependent on many things). With identical settings (color profiles, temperatures, output size compensation, etc.) being used on our RIP software (Flexi/Production Manager) for both, we cannot print a lot of colors on the new one without banding - that we can print easily on the old one.

We had another company come and replace a failed maintenance station on the new printer just a couple of months ago. And now, we have a failing maintenance station on the old printer, too.

I’m well aware that both printers are out of warranty – I more or less asking if you or if there is someone you can recommend replacing the maintenance station on the old printer and take a look at the new one and see what is wrong with it. I would have the other company and replace the maintenance station on the old printer, but I don’t believe their knowledge went beyond being able to change parts.

Thanks for your time,

We are based out of the Fort Worth area - and I am wondering if there is anyone here or someone that recommend a company locally that is knowledgeable on these printers. We're seeking someone to provide and replace the maintenance station on the old printer as well as see what's wrong with the new one. We have tried everything on the new printer to get it to print well to no avail.

Thanks all-
Cam