• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1624 - SubTank Refill Not Filling up (bulk Ink System)

redmoon73

During a print, employee forgot to refill Magenta. The mutoh started beeping with (M) End. I refilled the ink and then display say Subtank refill. After waiting about 10 min, its keeps saying (M) end and then I remove cartridge and put it back in and it says refill sub-tank and then after 10 min of the same thing waiting it say (M) Ink End. I opened up the back and noticed lines on top and bottom are clear no ink. While the others are full of ink. The lines by the heads are full of ink. Any help would be great, tried calling my usual guy but he aint helping at all. Maybe someone I could call and walk me through. Thanks in advance IMG_5043.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5042.JPG
    IMG_5042.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,844

FatCat

You can always try to unhook the magenta lines from the head and try to manually pull ink through using a syringe. Otherwise if you do a "little charge" that should draw ink in unless you have an air leak, blockage or clog somewhere.

redmoon73

I will try a little charge first, question if the lines is clogged. How would I fixed that? Also I dont have a syringe where could I find that at?

redmoon73

Unhooking ink tubes are messy and danderous. "little charge" should be more than enough to solve the problem.

You can always try to unhook the magenta lines from the head and try to manually pull ink through using a syringe. Otherwise if you do a "little charge" that should draw ink in unless you have an air leak, blockage or clog somewhere.
I will try a little charge. If the problem is the lines are clogged how would I fix that. Also where could I find the syringes?

zopylote

During a print, employee forgot to refill Magenta. The mutoh started beeping with (M) End. I refilled the ink and then display say Subtank refill. After waiting about 10 min, its keeps saying (M) end and then I remove cartridge and put it back in and it says refill sub-tank and then after 10 min of the same thing waiting it say (M) Ink End. I opened up the back and noticed lines on top and bottom are clear no ink. While the others are full of ink. The lines by the heads are full of ink. Any help would be great, tried calling my usual guy but he aint helping at all. Maybe someone I could call and walk me through. Thanks in advance View attachment 130023

start form the beginning, first check cap station and pump, if you have good suction then the problem is in the magenta inlet, can be cartridge clogged or inlet needle clogged, most of the time in bulk system is the cartridge
do you see the magenta connector? the white nut? disconnect it and see if ink drops, if not try to connect a syringe there and pull out if you receive ink then the inlet was unclogged and needle is ok... if not check the inlet needle if is clogged, check the cartridge if is clogged or the needle pulling in and out with a syringe...

you can find 60 mil syringes in a feed and supply shop for horses

redmoon73

start form the beginning, first check cap station and pump, if you have good suction then the problem is in the magenta inlet, can be cartridge clogged or inlet needle clogged, most of the time in bulk system is the cartridge
do you see the magenta connector? the white nut? disconnect it and see if ink drops, if not try to connect a syringe there and pull out if you receive ink then the inlet was unclogged and needle is ok... if not check the inlet needle if is clogged, check the cartridge if is clogged or the needle pulling in and out with a syringe...

you can find 60 mil syringes in a feed and supply shop for horses
Update: okay I did a little charge and it froze on Subtank Refill 98% , gonna get a syringe tomorrow. On the white nut when I turn it it does drop ink. I change the cartridge to a new cartridge. I will try the syringe was I get it tomorrow. Good thing is a local printer allowed me to finish my jobs at his shop. Great to have people willing to help. I will keep updating tomorrow.

Lea Marc

Update: okay I did a little charge and it froze on Subtank Refill 98% , gonna get a syringe tomorrow. On the white nut when I turn it it does drop ink. I change the cartridge to a new cartridge. I will try the syringe was I get it tomorrow. Good thing is a local printer allowed me to finish my jobs at his shop. Great to have people willing to help. I will keep updating tomorrow.
When we had ink problems on our Mutoh, Brian or Chris at Mutoh tech support were pretty helpful over the phone, too.

Eforcer

I am a little late to this, but, same issue tonight myself. I ran out of yellow and put more ink in. Nothing. Then came subtank issue. Thank you for posting the pics. I saw the same thing. No ink flowing. But all I did was use a paperclip to push out dry ink & bang. Printing again. Oh Yeah! Fill those ink containers