• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1624x - ink discharge / ink initial fill ONLY

Chris1213

Looking for a way to simply discharge all lines of ink, and then ink initial fill.

On Epson, one could choose ink eject, ink fill, cleaning fluid fill, etc - individually via servprog.

Longstore 1 and 2 are basically automated head washing procedure, which is not my objective.

Many thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Longstore 1 is the only in menu option for you that will drain and refill the system and is considered the proper way to drain and then refill the system per Mutoh. What are you trying to do? Change ink types? If you are changing ink types, you definitely want to run the longstore cycle as mixing incompatible inks can cause some costly damage to your printer and longstore cleans the lines to prevent mixing. Longstore is also used to store the printer for long periods of time hence the name.

I can't think of any reason you would need to empty the printer of ink and then refill with the same exact ink but in case that is what you are trying to do, you can trick the machine in to doing what you want. Run the longstore 1 cycle and then once the machine is drained and asking for cleaning cartridges, turn the machine off and back on in service mode. Go to the parameter menu and then the update menu. Find Charge FLG in that menu and change the setting to Charged. The parameter will update and then you can just run a normal ink fill to refill the machine.

Chris1213

Run the longstore 1 cycle and then once the machine is drained and asking for cleaning cartridges, turn the machine off and back on in service mode. Go to the parameter menu and then the update menu. Find Charge FLG in that menu and change the setting to Charged. The parameter will update and then you can just run a normal ink fill to refill the machine.

Vander, thank you. This will work. Instead of cleaning chips, I'll use regular ink chips and bags filled with a cleaning solution. There are also situations where multiple ink ejects are needed back to back. Currently, the machine is filled with a cleaner - and I'll need to drain the system completely (possibly 2+ draining cycles) prior to charging it with intended ink.