• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1638UR UV printer - Looking for input

CL Visual

Hello All! I'm in the market for a roll to roll UV printer. It's intended use is primarily for white ink printing on clear materials. Does anyone own the Mimaki UCJV300-160 or the Mutoh 1638UR? If anyone has any input I'd appreciate it. There isn't much available in UV roll to roll out there.

ProColorGraphics

I have the Fuji LED 1600II. Overall, I do really like it. The white is nice, very opaque. This is a hybrid, so you would have the option for rigid too if ever needed. They also just came out with a roll-to-roll version too. From what I saw, just doesn't have the rigid option. Not sure on any of the other details.

Sindex Printing

I have the Mutoh 1638uh. I print roll to roll and direct to substrate with it. I do more diect to substrate. The white has came out really good on the clear vinyl and acrylic printing. The biggest problem that I have had with it has been on printing on epanel for some reason it has a random light spots. (Mutoh and Axiom has been working on finding a solution for this issue to no luck yet.) I really like it for the rush banners that someone needs ASAP. I have had a call recently about matte finish labels and spot varnish. With the inks just make sure you check expiration dates.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The Mimaki UCJV300 is going to work best for you. The white works really well. If I remember correctly, Mutoh still uses the Epson based heads on their roll to roll UV printers and the Epson head have never done exceptionally well with UV for some reason. I would stick with the Mimaki in this case.