• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 2638 Service Manual

mkldl

Haven't had to post anything in quite a while. There's always great information on this site-so I do read as many posts as I can.
For the last week my Mutoh VJ2638 is getting Err 74 CR. I have read many posts with similar error code-but none that dealt directly with the VJ2638.
The carriage stops after printing several prints, and stays out over the print (not likely head-lock)

Here's my troubleshooting so far...
-cleaned and lightly greased the bearing strips (carriage does run smoothly by hand)
-checked and cleaned encoder strip (no damage or ink spots)
-made sure that the head-lock solenoid is not the issue (taped it open to make sure)
-encoder reader looks clean (no dust build up)
-replaced the deceleration belt (timing belt) for the CR motor..(original was slightly worn)

Looks like I might need to replace the CR Motor-even though this printer does not have a lot of mileage on it. We use it frequently, but not a lot of long print runs.

Does anyone have the Service Manual for the Mutoh VJ 2638?
Thanks in advance for any and all input.:)

alexcim

Did you ever get the service manual for this printer? I've got two and would love to get a copy of it.

I'm planning to do my own maintenance, but just need to know what to do. I've had one machine 1.5 years and one 0.5 years. The first is already past 6 billion fires and the second is around 4.

I use them a lot...