• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh cutter blades?

Bogie

While going through the stuff I didn't use that was included in the box o' stuff that I got with my Falcon Jr., I found a small box with what looks to be two new cutter blades and a spring. Now, I know this isn't a cutter, so I'm guessing that they may have just been dumped in because the box says "Mutoh." Are these things Mutoh specific, or could they be used in other cutters? The things look a lot like the blades for my Graphtec. They couldn't be used for cutoff, could they?

randya

Bogie,

If this is a (normally white) plastic molded holder about 3/8th diameter with a little triangular shaped blade at the bottom, then this sounds like a Mutoh cut-off blade. There would be no adjustment for blade depth.

It fits in a hold on the side of the carriage and is solenoid operated.

The cutter blade for the Ultima cutter are pretty tiny and fit in a holder that has a micrometer type adjustment for blade depth.

Bogie

Nope - these look a lot like the blades for my Graphtec or my Chicom... I think I'm just gonna throw 'em at the 'bay...

cleancutblade

Bogie, there is a Mutoh cutter series that use blades with a brass collar and springs. (model QC maybe) But they are the same diameter as the normal Mutoh blades 1.5 MM the Graphtec 09U's are .9MM