Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh cutter blades?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Bogie, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Bogie

Bogie Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    While going through the stuff I didn't use that was included in the box o' stuff that I got with my Falcon Jr., I found a small box with what looks to be two new cutter blades and a spring. Now, I know this isn't a cutter, so I'm guessing that they may have just been dumped in because the box says "Mutoh." Are these things Mutoh specific, or could they be used in other cutters? The things look a lot like the blades for my Graphtec. They couldn't be used for cutoff, could they?

Tags:
  2. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Bogie,

If this is a (normally white) plastic molded holder about 3/8th diameter with a little triangular shaped blade at the bottom, then this sounds like a Mutoh cut-off blade. There would be no adjustment for blade depth.

It fits in a hold on the side of the carriage and is solenoid operated.

The cutter blade for the Ultima cutter are pretty tiny and fit in a holder that has a micrometer type adjustment for blade depth.

3. Bogie

Bogie Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    Nope - these look a lot like the blades for my Graphtec or my Chicom... I think I'm just gonna throw 'em at the 'bay...

4. cleancutblade

cleancutblade Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Waterloo
    Bogie, there is a Mutoh cutter series that use blades with a brass collar and springs. (model QC maybe) But they are the same diameter as the normal Mutoh blades 1.5 MM the Graphtec 09U's are .9MM