• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon, Flexisign, red lines printing that shouldn't be???

kevint2005

Hey guys, I just purchased a pretty nice condition used Mutoh Falcon 62" printer and I use Flexisign Pro 8.1. But, after playing around a little bit and getting my colors looking pretty decent, i've noticed that on the right side of all black outlines is a red line that shouldn't be there. It's only present on lighter colored letters with black outlines and only appears on the right hand side of them. Is my printhead out of alignment or are there any other problems that this could be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kevint2005

Thanks for the quick reply and yeah no problem, i'll snap a picture and upload it just as soon as I get home from work today.

kevint2005

Pictures of my issue are attached. Red lines to the right of all black outlines when there is no red in the design whatsoever.

Attachments

• IMG_4682.jpg
    IMG_4682.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4683.jpg
    IMG_4683.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4684.jpg
    IMG_4684.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4685.jpg
    IMG_4685.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4686.jpg
    IMG_4686.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 83

player

I am a Roland guy, but I would say the print head is out of alignment, or the head is on it's way out. If it seems to be always on one side, it will most likely be an alignment issue. There is a slim chance the damper could be clogged as well.

Head alignment. In the amount of time it has taken you to ask for other suggestions you could have done the head alignment and been done with it.

kevint2005

I was just trying to get opinions to see what the problem was since i'm pretty new to owning a printer.. I read enough on this site and dug to find head alignment procedures and ended up getting it to print great now. Thanks for you input guys, i really appreciate it.