• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh falcon rj-6100

kingsigns

Hello All,

I have a 62" MFO printer I purchased from a friend. One of the heads stopped firing - thought dampers clogged - pump blew - changed that and cap station. After that only one head printed. Changed cables - now both heads don't print. Even bought a new head on the side that did not fire prior to purchasing cables. Now I don't even hear the "whine" of transmission - like it just moves and does not attempt to print. Ink draws through head and maintenance station. No error plot ok - should I look at head fuses or a new head board? Or what? :)

Aggressive

Same Problem

I also have a mutoh falcon outdoor 62 and the head that prints black,lm and cyan quit firing so i replaced the head... did not fix the prob. So I removed the cover from the printer and reversed the cables on the print heads from the board on the carriage. Then the print head that was working did not fire and i had black,lm and cyan printing again. so i know its not the cables or the print heads but which board would it be? There is no error message... Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance for any help.

kingsigns

Print Heads Cables & Head Board

I did the same thing, but now both of my heads don't work. Tech support told me something about "head order" but I did not see the info written on the print head they told me to look for. They said if that didn't work call a tech to fix it. Talk about lining your own coffers!

I am going to try a new head board I bought all else - I would rather spend $1000 on parts and LEARN than spend $1000 on a tech plus parts.

Check this link

http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/RJ-6100-46-Head-Board-Assy---DE-34456-p14817.html[/URL]

kingsigns

By the way - if you switched cables and the other head worked; why do you not think it is the cable? Just curious - when I replaced my cable, my other head did not work and THAT is why I switched them. AFTER being switched, neither of my heads worked.... hmm.....

Aggressive

my problem ended up being that the print head fuse was blown on only one print head. so when i switch the print cables the head that had the blown fuse now had power and started working. so i replaced the man head fuse on the board and all is well for now... Thanks for the input