• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Printing but No ink on paper!

benski

My Rj900x had a head strike with the paper when the paper roll came to an end. The head stayed in that position over night so not sure if thats critical or not. After rebooting now the printer prints but no ink is being laid down.
The head is not damaged as I installed it in my Vj1304 and it prints fine. I removed the mother board and checked all the fuses etc, total of 8 I think. All the fuses are good! I did a continuity check of the head ribbon cables and theres no break at any of the pins. Can anybody on here think of any other components I may need to check for this problem. If the mother board is fried would the printer print and continue to function? Thanks in advance for help!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The fuse that protects the head circuit is labeled F3 on the main board and is a very small, ceramic fuse not glass. A lot of people miss the little ceramic fuses so I figured I'd mention it just in case. Other than that, check the CR board fuses. It's the board that is above the head where the head cables plug into. I can't remember off the top of my head but most newer Mutoh models have another fuse on the CR board that can blow as well. Good luck!

benski

The fuse that protects the head circuit is labeled F3 on the main board and is a very small, ceramic fuse not glass. A lot of people miss the little ceramic fuses so I figured I'd mention it just in case. Other than that, check the CR board fuses. It's the board that is above the head where the head cables plug into. I can't remember off the top of my head but most newer Mutoh models have another fuse on the CR board that can blow as well. Good luck!

Yes I checked F3 ceramic it is good.
OK!! Yes I starred at the CR board today thinking what could I check on it but was not sure. Appreciate it!!

benski

I had a spare new dx5 that I installed along with new dampers, several long cleans and ink fill and all works now. I dont have an explanation on why it is working or why/how new dampers would make a difference. Anyway maybe the printer being unplugged for several weeks reset the printer...in case someone else runs into this.