• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Pump Life Times

guitarguy69

Power the machine off, hold + - and right buttons down and power up holding until the initialize screen displays then it will read Check 1: Adj. Platen. You can then let up on the buttons and scroll > to Check 8: Parameter, ENTER, should read Param1: Initialize, ENTER, > to Init. 8: Pump, ENTER, Initialize ok?, ENTER. Cancel out and power off then on.

Good Luck
Brian

randya

Brian is correct.

But, Please use caution in Maintenance Mode.
Dont make make random changes in areas you dont understand.
You can cause issues with your printer and possibly disable it.

bendeane

Pump Life Times reset...

If I reset this without replacing the pump, is that "bad"? How do I know my pump is really in need of replacement?

This is not a direct correlation, but I've had office printers that tell me my toner is out and then when I do a toner reset, i get 2,000 more pages on the cartridge...is this a way for Mutoh to get you to buy parts prematurely?

Thoughts?
Suggestions?

CheapVehicleWrap

If I reset this without replacing the pump, is that "bad"? How do I know my pump is really in need of replacement?

This is not a direct correlation, but I've had office printers that tell me my toner is out and then when I do a toner reset, i get 2,000 more pages on the cartridge...is this a way for Mutoh to get you to buy parts prematurely?

Thoughts?
Suggestions?

It's basically a timer & no doubt in Mutohs favor. I'd get another sometime soon to have on-hand though.

randya

It is based on Mean Time Between Failures.
It does not disable the machine, but lets you prepare for estimated replacement of said part on your own time.