• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Randomly Printing Grainy

CaliGraphics

Mutoh 1624. Been having a sporadic problem with the large fields of color (solid or gradient) coming out with slightly different tones from panel to panel. Looking at it close you can see the print pattern very tight and clean on a panel
and the next will have a very grainy look to it causing the color to be off some from the previous panel. These are all printed back to back but there is a very obvious difference in the noise texture. It it humidity? Heat? It's literally 1 panel to the next so I don't think a whole lot can change in the environment. Nozzle check is perfect. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_7215.JPG
    IMG_7215.JPG
    959 KB · Views: 521

nemesis2180

hey CaliGraphics,

did you tried to change print patterns? It looks like you used different print patterns. That piece on the right side looks like Fog pattern, bottom piece might be Wave pattern.

Its kinda tricky. Did you using exact print profile that match your material? If you printing on different material with bad profile, you could see some imperfections in colors (patterns, dots, lines). Every material has different behavior, surface tension, material stretching under the heat, ink absorbtion... Open your job properties and look for print patterns (wave, fog, superfine, ...), head scans (2x, 4x) and ink drop size. This is 3 factors that makes prints very pretty or grainy and wavy. If you dont have right print profile, try experiment with generic profile with this settings : If you print on vinyl, try medium size of ink drop, Fine and Fuzz ink pattern and 2x head scan, which is normal quality mode.

I hope that i helped you...