• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh RJ900 not printing some channels help

conan981

Hi to all. I have a mutoh rj900 that does print good BLACK channels, but only one channel for the others..
MUTOH_ERROR.jpeg

It is a board problem, since i replaced main board with a working one i use for tests and all is printing ok.
Now.. someone can help me with a service manual and/or suggestions what component/s should be replaced
to repair this weird error?
thanks in advance for any hint

RG

Wow! That is an unusual problem. I have a 1204 which is about the same as a rj900. Check your maintenance station and make sure it is in good working order. Is there air in the lines of the channels that are not printing? Could be a problem where the individual ink lines each split into 2 lines, just before then go into the dampers. Have you checked the dampers? Have the dampers been replaced recently? Send me your e-mail address and I can send you the rj900 service manual.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If another board prints fine then it has to be the board,. My first thought would be bad transistors. The transistors amplify the signal that goes to the heads and if a transistor fails it can affect single channels like yours are. Especially on older machines.

conan981

thanks for hint.. that has been my first suspicion, when i checked the board the first time, it had indeed an A1746 and C4131 not working and transistors WM and WL too.. but now all the power transistor seems to be good. this is the reason i would check with a service manual if i could find it

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
thanks for hint.. that has been my first suspicion, when i checked the board the first time, it had indeed an A1746 and C4131 not working and transistors WM and WL too.. but now all the power transistor seems to be good. this is the reason i would check with a service manual if i could find it

The service manual does not have any info on repairing or even diagnosing boards unfortunately. It will basically say to replace the board and be done with it.

unmateria

Check the 2 head cables before changing the transistors and fuses (check all fuses, specially F2). I fried one 220 resistor too near those transistors you said.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk

unmateria

Check the 2 head cables before changing the transistors and fuses (check all fuses, specially F2). I fried one 220 resistor too near those transistors you said.

I reply myself LOL... I fried one 220R on each transistor. I suppose you have checked them if you checked the transistors but just my 2 cents :)

Allexander

Hello all.anyone has a printhead for this printer?
i think mine is dead.i have magenta ink going in yellow tube, and black tube.and it seems to pe losing ink to the sides of the printhead, not on the nozzles.
DX5 printhead, for sublimation.

SYYED SHAKEER

Hello all.anyone has a printhead for this printer?
i think mine is dead.i have magenta ink going in yellow tube, and black tube.and it seems to pe losing ink to the sides of the printhead, not on the nozzles.
DX5 printhead, for sublimation.
Solventinkjet on this site/forum/post/ thread can definitly assist you.

wedgeman

Did anyone ever find a service manual?
I recently found one, but the wiring diagram page is a copy of a copy of a copy, and is illegible.

unmateria

For manual you can use the one forma valuejet 1204. Is pretty much the same. For printhead wiring, the 2 ribbon cables. Just disconnect from the old one and connect to the new one one at a time or mark the cables. Take a photo of the rank in the sticker first. You will need it for setup the rank (the voltage values for that printhead)