• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help MUTOH RJ900x - NO Yellow Ink

Anna Fish

Pomp! Lab
We just randomly lost all of our yellow ink. For some background - I just got this printer fixed after it had been left to sit unused for quite some time. I replaced dampers, o-rings, cap top, and gave it a good cleaning. We got it working again and printed a few things that came out looking really nice.

Now randomly between prints we have no yellow ink. After checking dampers I see that Magenta was pulled up into the yellow dampers and slightly into the lines. We cleaned and replaced dampers, o rings and the lines for the yellow ink. Now we can't pull any ink through. It is not even moving from the ink cartridge. We've tried pulling with a syringe through the damper AND through the lines and we get nothing. We checked and there are no clogs in the lines.

Magenta, Cyan and Black were printing fine.

Any advice is appreciated before we decided to call a tech out.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If magenta is getting pulled up into the yellow line, it means there is an air leak in the yellow line and/or the yellow cartridge is empty and not flagging. I would double check your oring between the damper and ink line. You also just might have a defective damper. They are made in the 10s of thousands at a time and a few are bound to fail.