• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mutoh rj900x replacement main board

place4print

Hello, I havea problem.
I saved parameters from old main board
After install new main board i see clear display.
Can you help me this problem?
I need transfer old parameters to new main board
Please help!!!

Best,
Mike

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually you need to upload the firmware before the parameters. The firmware should be available on Mutoh's website.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hold the left arrow key while powering on to enter board management mode. It is hard coded into the board and can run without firmware. Then you should be able to load the firmware. If you get an error about a serial number, you will have to use the board replacement wizard function in the MSA.

place4print

Hold the left arrow key while powering on to enter board management mode. It is hard coded into the board and can run without firmware. Then you should be able to load the firmware. If you get an error about a serial number, you will have to use the board replacement wizard function in the MSA.
I try it but every time i see clear display.
if i install old main board back. its works (main board menu)
but with new. it just clear display....

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The only thing I can think of is if it's an older board, you may need to transfer the memory stick from the old one to the new one. It's confusing because some require it and some don't. But if the board you are installing has a spot for a memory stick, take the one in the old board out and install it in the new one. That could be the issue. They changed these boards to be universal these days and they have built in memory but if you are installing a used or older board, it still needs a memory stick to work. The memory looks like laptop memory because that's what it is.

place4print

The only thing I can think of is if it's an older board, you may need to transfer the memory stick from the old one to the new one. It's confusing because some require it and some don't. But if the board you are installing has a spot for a memory stick, take the one in the old board out and install it in the new one. That could be the issue. They changed these boards to be universal these days and they have built in memory but if you are installing a used or older board, it still needs a memory stick to work. The memory looks like laptop memory because that's what it is.
I know. But its new main boar. I dont see any memory slots.

henryp

If you are in MSA Technician Mode, you should see this menu. You need to use the Board Replacement Wizard. What this program does is it will clone your original mainboard.

Attachments

• ice_screenshot_20180627-102025.png
    ice_screenshot_20180627-102025.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 491

place4print

If you are in MSA Technician Mode, you should see this menu. You need to use the Board Replacement Wizard. What this program does is it will clone your original mainboard.
Thank you! I will try it tomorrow morning. I send you update about the process.

Best,
Mike