• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh RockHopper 38 Head/Electronics Problem

Mutoh Rockhopper 38, prints but no ink comes through?

• Electronics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Printer Head Clogging

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble with a Mutoh RockHopper38!
I previously saw the printer work around 2months ago once purchasing but when installing it at my house I came across multiple issues with the printer.

Printer turns on and boots up correctly.
Inks are installed and have a decent amount of the cartridge left.
PROBLEM: Once trying to print a test page or nozzle check nothing is printed on the media but the printing action works with no inks sent through to the media.

I have recently spoke to multiple people over the phone and have come to no resolution on the situation except ideas on what it could be.

IDEA 1: Printer Head is Clogged.
IDEA 2: There are faulty electronics within the printer.

If anyone has come across this issue or can help in anyway I'd be greatly appreciated as I really have lost time and money trying to get a Eco Solvent printer to expand my small business.

Many thanks,

Alex

Joe House

You're going to be pretty short on options on that one as parts availability will be pretty thin. I would guess that most likely you have an ink flow issue - especially if the printer has just sat around for a while. If you can try syringing ink through the captop, that will tell you if ink is flowing or not. If you can manually get ink to flow, then try the test print again.
If you can't get ink to flow, then replace these things in this order (if you can find a source for them): cap top, dampers, heads. You may need to flush the lines with cleaning fluid as well, if it's been sitting for long.

Good luck