• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh SC1400, Contour Cutting & Signlab preparing to join the dark side...

v0y4ger

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this...

I know that I'm using a cutter so old that it has started to take on a "vintage" status (wait til you hear about the printer).

So, back to it.

Trying to keep up with the times I thought the whole world of contour cutting could be just what I need to make my day to day life easier - as much as I enjoy cutting prints out by hand that is.

So a couple of years ago I snagged a Mutoh SC1400D. Thinking that it might talk easily to my Mutoh VJ1204

I'm running Signlab 9 pro and can print in the VPM quite easily. I can also cut from signlab too and sending print and cut jobs from SL to VPM AND getting both machines to do their bit is also a recent accomplishment for me.

BUT - my cutter won't register properly - NO EPOS reference is found - so I can't contour cut.

I've tried, moving the pinch rollers about, squaring up the media, running a EPOS alignment test, shouting at it, reading all other threads about the same problem, crying before it, cleaning it, praying to it, updating and reinstalling it, creating a new queue and I've even asked a friend who contours cuts everyday (different and newer equipment).

But I'm getting nowhere.

So my set up today is:

Media 24" printed with "Mutoh" registration system black box which measures 12" square with 5.5" white space on the left and just under 6" on the right.6.5" white space on the front and 8" at the back.
Both printer and cutter media sizes match.

Can anybody help? What am I missing (apart from a serious equipment update and a life to post this on a Friday night at 8pm)

heyskull

I have a VJ1604 and a Mutoh SC1400D.
Also use Signlab 9.1 but sadly do not use Signlabs RIP as it is over complicated and the colour rendering compared to Wasatch RIP.
When used with signlab I have come across no problems Printing and Cutting.
The only thing I have noticed whilst using the SC1400D for contour cutting is, if it is a bright sunny morning (which their are very little if in Cumbria, UK) and the sun is shining through the window, the machine fails to see the reference mark and comes up with the EPOS error.
I cover over the material whilst it is doing its search for the reference marks so it can read more carefully.

SC

v0y4ger

Thank you

I shall try that first thing in the morning.

My workshop IS particularly bright now that I think about it.

I’ll report back...

philip

Thank you

I shall try that first thing in the morning.

My workshop IS particularly bright now that I think about it.

I’ll report back...
on the cutter if you move the caragde by hand when it is under load it it will not pick up the crop marks,turn of on Knife blade on
the corner of the mark should pick it up