• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Spitfire double image occurs!!!!

apex666

Hi all. I have just registered here and am in real need of some help or info regarding a issue on my Mutoh Spitfire 65.....

I have attached images of what is happening as well as major banding I get now with the printer..... I have a full service manual and done many alignment adjustment but till not wining, any help or info will be greatly appreciated :) :)

Scott

Attachments

• spitfire2.jpg
    spitfire2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

apex666

what does the nozzle check look like?

The nozzle check is fine, when I go into Maintenance Mode, and do the Head Alignment checks - Head Skew/ F & B etc.... when I print these tests I notice the lines are off and not straight - image attached of some runs I have done now....

Attachments

• 15112011007.jpg
    15112011007.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 15112011008.jpg
    15112011008.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 15112011010.jpg
    15112011010.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 165

randya

Front to back alignments are off.
Probably slants and timing adjustments as well.

Needs mechanical and electrical adjustments.

apex666

Front to back alignments are off.
Probably slants and timing adjustments as well.

Needs mechanical and electrical adjustments.

Thanks mate will try and do these options quickly and see what happens, with electrical adjustments how do you mean via the printer itself???

ProWraps

electrical adjustments are in the menu settings. try to find a manual or you will never figure it out.

apex666

Okay I am getting somewhere slowly, sill having issue with the X axis alignment what would I adjust for this to correct itself???

apex666

Alright I am getting somewhere one thing I noticed is that the rollers aren't feeding the media through properly,, what would cause that???

What I have done is removed all the heads, cleaned them, went through all alignment test etc.... now the double image is like a fraction of a millimeter off???

apex666

Have you done a page feed adjust?

Yeah done plenty feed adjustments, slant adjustments, Bi-Dir adjustments, UNI-Dir adjustments etc.... but not sure if it is the rollers that are doing this or the roller motors that hold the Roll of material???

Trust me I have done so many test prints, adjustments and the like today, it is printing SEMI-okay when I have the END of the material coming out of the machine attached to the Take-up mechanism then the matching seems to feed pretty well, but there is still a millimeter off on the alignment ......

randya

I quess the question is why do you think it is a feed issue?

You didnt mention Front to Back alignments?
Are those good?

apex666

The front to back alignments are pretty much spot on, this could still be the issue I am having but everytime I start to tweak the F & B something else will go funny :) :)

ellsmako

I may have missed it but what material

What material are you printing, is there any drag ( heavy roll ) or pull ( using a take up. that can cause material feed errors. IS there a material thickness setting ( did you check the thickness of the material, measured )

also banding ( I am guessing its a mild solvent machine ) is usually cause by dot gain by improper media temp before printing. Too low.

Feed rollers are clean, if you load several small width pieces of the same material across printer and pull each , do any slide easily ?

side to side double images are bi dir related can be easily verified if you print in uni dir and problem goes away. Verticle double is material either slipping through or head ( carriage skew )

apex666

What material are you printing, is there any drag ( heavy roll ) or pull ( using a take up. that can cause material feed errors. IS there a material thickness setting ( did you check the thickness of the material, measured )

also banding ( I am guessing its a mild solvent machine ) is usually cause by dot gain by improper media temp before printing. Too low.

Feed rollers are clean, if you load several small width pieces of the same material across printer and pull each , do any slide easily ?

side to side double images are bi dir related can be easily verified if you print in uni dir and problem goes away. Verticle double is material either slipping through or head ( carriage skew )

1. I normally use a HEXIS or LG digital vinyl....
2. Yes lots of banding, Mild Solvent printer, So temps should be higher...?
3. Will clean rollers, also there is a bit of slide when I pull the media....
Thanks for the info will post back here my results