• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh USB or ????

kgrafix

I need help, tried Mutoh but they were of NO help, I know thats a shock to many, I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 62 running SignLab 8 Print and Cut software, Switched everything to new machine running windows 7 and no parallel printer port. I have tried to hook this up via USB adapter cable to new computer, when trying to print it wont print and then displays error 1, which from the log is due to its inability to open the port, I assume thats a printer port. I have tried both tricks in my bag of tricks (the other one was kick both the printer and computer) and it isn't working, Any ideas, I cant be the first to want to do this. Even to let me know you've had success in hooking up via USB ... anything... success in making a long shelf out of the printer after going to Windows 7 ??? Thanks

Stealth Ryder

Use a Ethernet to Parrallel Print Server (SEH makes a good one) which connects to the Printer. Run a Cross-Over Ethernet Cable from an Open Ethernet Port on the computer to the Print Server. Assign a static IP Address to your Ethernet Port, example 171.019.005.100 ... Assign another IP Address (in the same range), example 171.019.005.101 to the Print Server... Use this same address (171.019.005.101) as the target in your RIP Software...

jwright350

Can't hook it u with usb...its a dummy port on the printer. The printer's firmware doesn't support input on this port.

I have win7 and one of these printers....so I know this works.

I use a netgear Parallel/Ethernet print server and I plug it into a router. (they originally come with an SEH...but that is some random junk) I used the software provided with the server to assign the server an IP address. Then in your RIP software setup this IP address as the printer port (TCP/IP) and everything will be perfect.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122028

If you want you can direct connect with a dedicated network card and crossover cable...but its harder to setup this way and you end up with basically the same result. (albeit not quite a stable)

randya

I need help, tried Mutoh but they were of NO help, I know thats a shock to many, I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 62 running SignLab 8 Print and Cut software, Switched everything to new machine running windows 7 and no parallel printer port.

Like Stealth Ryder alluded to, these machines were shipped with an SEH box.

Mutoh techs know that, but they dont always know how to connect these to a USB device (of which there are many) or on a variety of OS's that the machine wasnt designed for.

Which makes forums like this so valuable.