• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Value Cut VS Summa / Graphtec

neutrinocv

Hey guys and gals !!!

I'm looking on opinions, comments and reviews for the Mutoh ValueCut 1300. How does it compare to a Graphtec FC8000-130, GCC Jaguar or a comparable Summa ? Is Onyx a suited RIP rip for it (I have an Epson S40600) ? Looking to buy a used plotter for low to moderate production.

Thank you and stay safe out there.

rjssigns

Nothing wrong with a Graphtec, but having a choice it's Summa all day. Wouldn't have another GCC anything in my shop if they paid me.

FatCat

I don't think anything can beat Summa's reliability and accuracy - on top of that, their customer service is second to none. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate Summa a 9.0, the Graphtec would be a 7.0 and the Mutoh would probably be in the 5.0 range. Just my opinion...

pjfmeister

I currently have a 20 yr old Graphtec a 6-8yr old Graphtec and a new Graphtec. Have owned and sold numerous other Graphtecs over the years - all were great and sold in good working condition....I have owned 1 Mutoh Value Cut and it lasted about 3-4 years before we started having feed belt and tracking issues....I gave it away to a guy that bought a printer from me.
Summa is arguably the best....but Graphtec has narrowed that margin over the years IMO

neutrinocv

Nothing wrong with a Graphtec, but having a choice it's Summa all day. Wouldn't have another GCC anything in my shop if they paid me.

I don't think anything can beat Summa's reliability and accuracy - on top of that, their customer service is second to none. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate Summa a 9.0, the Graphtec would be a 7.0 and the Mutoh would probably be in the 5.0 range. Just my opinion...

I currently have a 20 yr old Graphtec a 6-8yr old Graphtec and a new Graphtec. Have owned and sold numerous other Graphtecs over the years - all were great and sold in good working condition....I have owned 1 Mutoh Value Cut and it lasted about 3-4 years before we started having feed belt and tracking issues....I gave it away to a guy that bought a printer from me.
Summa is arguably the best....but Graphtec has narrowed that margin over the years IMO

Just get a Summa!! You won't regret it! There is a reason they cost more!!

OK thanks to you all !!!

It's Summa or Graphtec in that order. I'll just be plotting very few hours a week so I don't want to spend many thousands on a plotter but don't want a cheap and/or unreliable one either.

How about a 12 years old Summa Eclipse P2C-S ($2000 CAD) or less older Graphtec FC8000-130 ($2750 CAD) ?

Jburns

does the summa P2C-S have scan - countour cut capability? and the width at least close to to your Epson S40600?