• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh Value Jet 1204V

Curt Bullick

I am very new at this graphic design and I have recently moved my equipment to a new location. Now I am having issues printing. It only prints blue. Is there a company that services these machines in Indiana. Or if anyone is in indiana. I'd pay for whatever needs done to get this up an running.

Curt
Bullick16@gmail.com

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Curt,

Please be more specific on your issues. Are you not seeing magenta, yellow and black at all? How's the cyan nozzle check look? What happened? Are you using original Mutoh ink? When was last time the printer was service? Try to do 3 strong cleans and see what happened. How long did you leave your printer unplugged to the power source? The more information the better we can help.

Curt Bullick

It was last used back in the fall . We have took lines off and cleaned the ink out of them and the bladders. We can get ink thru the lines using a syringe. The blue seems to stay filled on it's own. When we try to print the only color it will print is the blue and it is very light. The black cartridge was low so we put a new one in and still nothing. We have done several strong system cleans and blue is still the only color it pulls thru that process also. When we click nozzle check it dont put out anything. So basically we are totally dead in the water at this point. Willing to try anything to get this working again. Thanks everyone for your advice and input.

Nick761

You most likely are having an air leak which is causing the lines to not stay filled, or your maintenance station is clogged. also check your capping for wear. it is very critical for your print head to be sealing on your capping station. If your maintenance station and capping are in good shape you should hear the pump sucking. If your maintenance station checks out then start looking for leaks around the manifold, dampers, and ink lines to dampers.

Curt Bullick

what's the best way to check your capping station? Also what's the best way to check and make sure your maintenance station is working properly? I have flushed it out with alcohol.

Are the caps and Orings available for sale in a kit somewhere? we can get them ordered today just in case it is that.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
what's the best way to check your capping station? Also what's the best way to check and make sure your maintenance station is working properly? I have flushed it out with alcohol.

Are the caps and Orings available for sale in a kit somewhere? we can get them ordered today just in case it is that.

Use the syringe to draw ink from the waste ink lines. Cap one and syringe the other. If it is loose, some where air is leaking through. If it can't be pulled; you have problem some where in the system. Most likely the maintenance station. Mutoh recommends to change station and damper once a year. I would invest with a station and 8 dampers to start.

I can send you a quote. What's your email address?

Francis

Last edited: