• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh value jet 1304 printing issues

Gman75

hello was hoping someone can tell me what is causing my printer to print like the pic attached.
It looks like it lighter in areas. Thanks

Attachments

• CACA8301-BD99-4F94-82D7-79263F98BA0E.jpeg
    CACA8301-BD99-4F94-82D7-79263F98BA0E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 184

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That is most likely a dirty/damaged encoder strip or media buckling during the print. Clean the encoder strip with alcohol and turn the heat settings down if the print is buckling during the print. If the encoder strip is cloudy and not a nice shinny, slightly tinted, clear color, you probably need to replace it.

Gman75

That is most likely a dirty/damaged encoder strip or media buckling during the print. Clean the encoder strip with alcohol and turn the heat settings down if the print is buckling during the print. If the encoder strip is cloudy and not a nice shinny, slightly tinted, clear color, you probably need to replace it.

Thank you for your reply.
I will check the encoder trip. As for the media
Buckling would it be enough to notice it buckling?
Thanks again!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you for your reply.
I will check the encoder trip. As for the media
Buckling would it be enough to notice it buckling?
Thanks again!

Yeah you would be able to see it. Anywhere the media has a little hump in it, the ink will lay down lighter.