• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ValueJet 1204 Not Printing

SkyLinePrints

Good morning,

We came in the shop this morning to print a banner and ran into the following problem. I hope someone can help us diagnose the issue

Mutoh 1204G

Send a job to the print from Flexi.
Flexi says done
Mutoh data light flashes, plattens warm up
Printhead moves out to the starting point then freezes. Doesnt move. <--- :omg:

We have powered down the printer, the computer, and even unplugged all power. restart and the same issue occurs. I have done everything I know to do but the printer will not print. tried a nozzle check, same issue. everything else seems to move and power up ok just wont print.

last night when we left, the printer was working fine. we printed banners, vinyl, and some other stuff. this morning, nothing.

Any insight, tips, or fixes would certainly be greatly appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you receiving any error messages on the printer or Flexi? My best guess is that your thermistor (reads the heater temperature) is not reading properly or the heater is shot. When the head moves to the left, does the printer screen still read "Warming Up?"

SkyLinePrints

Are you receiving any error messages on the printer or Flexi? My best guess is that your thermistor (reads the heater temperature) is not reading properly or the heater is shot. When the head moves to the left, does the printer screen still read "Warming Up?"

The Printer says 'Printing' The data light is solid red. Flexi is showing 23% (or so) printed, but the head is not moving. The heater fans are warming up and seem to be getting as warm as normal....

heyskull

I would try another file.

We had an issue a while back that our networks wireless network started to give the printer address to the mobile network.
Knock the wireless off!

Does it do a nozzle test print?
If not you have a bigger problem!

But I would check your network. Turn everything off then turn everything back on starting with the printer and then the rip computer.

SC

SkyLinePrints

Computer has been eliminated as well as network. The printer is not connected to either at the current time. From talking with Mutoh and a few techs on the phone, as of now, it appears to be a motherboard and print head shorting. hoping and praying this is not the case but it was print any files or nozzle checks or test patterns. :(

SkyLinePrints

Update:

took the rear panel off the machine Friday night and found one of the fuses had partially unseated itself. reseated the fuse, powered the machine on, and it worked! yay!

however, today the problem has reappeared. checked the fuses etc... and everything looks fine. back to the original problem of the print head moving to start of the design then locking up. no clue as to what to do now.... argh!

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
I am not sure if you are still on here but I'm having this exact same problem and was wondering if you remember what the fix was? I appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you.

cshook

I have a similar problem, but I get an error message. I have to break mine down and put it all back together again.
I run it every day like I was told and some days it decides to take the day off

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
I really am not impressed with this machine. When it works it is great prints but it is a moody machine. Thank you for sharing. If I get any solution I will surely share.