• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet 1304 - Need advice, please!

Design Guy

I bought this printer almost 2 months ago. It appears to be in great shape. I did not actually print with it for about 2 weeks after I bought it, but I did keep it plugged in and ran cleanings and nozzle checks daily.
My initial issue is that the yellow in the nozzle test was almost non existent. So I tried several head soaks and replaced all cartridges with Mutoh brand cartridges.
So I ran a test using a full color comic book cover and it seems as though the print is worse than when I started the head soaks initially. I have done this several times.

Ive attached a pic of what the original image looks like and what my print looks like.
Please take a look at the photos and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Hulk_181.jpg
    Hulk_181.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 125

mnapuran

Well, yellow will always be faint on white vinyl :) Do you have all the nozzles though?

If your yellow nozzle pattern looks pretty good, then....

try doing this... go into photoshop, go to the color chooser and and in the CMYK numbers, put in 0,0,255,0 (full yellow). Then draw a rectangle, say 50" x 2' (assuming 54" media), and fill it with the yellow.

Now save the PSD and then print it. Watch and see if your yellow starts to come back. You may have to print this numerous times to get your yellow back to normal