• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet 1324 sprinkles in print

Hey everyone!! Im excited to be part of this forum!

I am having a weird issue with my mutoh VJ-1324. In the prints there is a slight "peppery" black sprinkle look through out the print. Its very slight, not like drips or anything. I have tried many different files. When printing dark colors its fine and not noticeable but with lighter colors you can see it when you look closely. It does not happen when printing a test print or color sample with solid colors. Only patterns. Hopefully this makes sense! Could this be my setting/profile that its printing with? Do I need to print at a higher DPI setting? a capping issue maybe? Just trouble shooting the issue here! Thanks again in advance for any advice!

Thank you so much!!!
Thomas Fischetti

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 275

p_vassilis

This could be a color management issue. To verify this, print a file without color management and see if the problem is gone. If it is, then you either create a new icc profile with a black start at 30-40%, or you test other profiles until you find one that prints without peppering. The term you used (peppery) is correct. This is the effect of the black ink when used at highlights. You can eliminate this (as I wrote earlier) if you set a later black start when you create your icc profile.

Hope that helps

This could be a color management issue. To verify this, print a file without color management and see if the problem is gone. If it is, then you either create a new icc profile with a black start at 30-40%, or you test other profiles until you find one that prints without peppering. The term you used (peppery) is correct. This is the effect of the black ink when used at highlights. You can eliminate this (as I wrote earlier) if you set a later black start when you create your icc profile.

Hope that helps
Awesome I am going to give that a try!

Hope that helps
Hey so I have tried so many different print profile combinations and it does improve slightly, but it still has some visible peppering/dotted looking prints. It almost looks like its just printing at a low quality this showing the dots more. Any other ideas of what might be effecting this?

p_vassilis

Have you tried to print without color management? By doing so, you disable the input/output icc profiles (in your case you are interested in the output profile) and use only the linearization settings for printing. If the peppering effect is gone then you are certain that this is a color management issue. If the problem persists, you must look elswere for the answer...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Does it do the same thing when you print a vector file? If it only happens on bitmap images I would play around with the rendering intents and see if that changes anything.

Does it do the same thing when you print a vector file? If it only happens on bitmap images I would play around with the rendering intents and see if that changes anything.

Yeah It only happens on images, vector/solid lines and shapes are perfect. I will give it a shot messing around with the rendering.

I gave the color management a shot, had it running without any and still saw the peppery effect. Mutoh had mentioned that it might be an alignment issue? I find that hard to believe because the prints are perfect in terms of banding, definition, etc. Still hunting...

Ok guys, so I got it narrowed down! It was a mix of how I was importing the files, using adobe 1998 as the input profile color correction, and profiles. Thanks for all of your help! I wanted to post my solution so anyone else who might be scrolling could see it if they had the same issue.

unmateria

Ok guys, so I got it narrowed down! It was a mix of how I was importing the files, using adobe 1998 as the input profile color correction, and profiles. Thanks for all of your help! I wanted to post my solution so anyone else who might be scrolling could see it if they had the same issue.
Hi Thomas. That is a bad densitometry for that material. Its called bleeding i think. You need to calibrate It with and spectrophotometer or limit ink limit manually. If you have to do It manually, use first a builtin profile, and limit ink from all channels from 400% to 200% and increase It the máximum you can until you see a little of that effect (to do It manually i suggest print a full it8 card). Or decrease it if the problem is still there. (Its no the best way but its a budget way lol)

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk

Jaime IL

Did you end up using 'adobe 1998' or did you have to chose a different option, my printer is currently doing the same thing.