• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet 1604 misterious "E075Err Head Cable" Error

badger

Hello all Mutoh experts.

We have a confusing problem with one of our valuejets 1604. A few seconds after powering on it displays "E075Err Head Cable Error"
We have done the obvious and changed Head Cable, Carriage Cable, carriage board, Print head, Main board, and checked all the connections on the replaced parts. But none have solved it. We are at a loss as to what to do next.

It seems the error is a symptom of another problem but tracking it down seems impossible.

So we hoped that some of the insightful & helpful forum members may have come across a similar problem.

We have tried local engineers but they are at a loss so far.

We are Based in the UK, London, if any one knows of an amazing engineer who fancies a challenge please pass on details.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ghostwriter1

Mutoh Cable error

Hi There,,, I had the same error message with a 2 brand new 1324 Mutohs. it took the installer 10 trips to my workshop and 1 month (yes ONE month) to overcome, they literally pulled the whole thing apart 5 times. This was after the first machine they delivered had the EXACT same error message,,, Thats just too coincedental, The tech guy couldn't explain what the problem was even after he got it working,,, Here's my conclusion,,,A bad & faulty batch of head cables,,, this assumption is one of lateral thinking only as I know absolutely nothing about printers. For what it's worth to others players,,,They offered me nothing as compensation (for the inconvenience). I have hated the printer ever since, It's just been so violated,,,It's easy to use but it can't print large plain colored areas (Sq ft.) without vertical shadowy bands especially on greens. Worst business purchase decision I have ever made. and still got 4 1/2 years to go paying for it.

ghostwriter1

Just to add,,,Cable error message

"E075Err Head Cable Error" < Just seeing that message is making me feel ill again, I saw it approximately 100 times in that month followed by a pretty orange light show and then Bluuuurrrr,,, Sorry I didn't sign off from my last comment, I hope this helps, by that I mean keep trying cables until one works,,, best of luck,,, Brad, Sydney, Australia,www.ghostwritersigns.com.au

badger

Hi

Thanks for replying. I have got to the bottom of the Head cable error. It was cable related. As part of a diagnosis process we had put a new cable on, but after talking to Mutoh direct they suggested that the cables were the wrong way round. They have a particular folding process to follow that makes the the connections the right way round when they meet the terminals on the carriage board. So it was a user error in the end.

The chap at Mutoh said that this has caught out many an engineer in the past.

Although, now the unit has another error (encoder E064) that we are currently diagnosing.

Its a shame, as it has been a great printer, but it maybe time to retire it.

Regards
Shawn