• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ValueJet 1614; Replacing Capping Station

So some of my tubes coming from the capping station that create a suction around the head of the printer came loose from the pump I believe. I called mutoh and they said it's very hard to put them back and I will have to take it apart. I'm debating doing that or getting one from cmyk parts. How difficult would it be to replace this? Has anyone done this first hand? Does anyone have a video tutorial of how it was done? Or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

PhatWall

i did this last week. Open up your cover to access the maintenance station. Once in there remove the two screws on the right side of your maintenance station that holds the capping station. lift on the right side and remove the plastic holder that holds your station. from here you should make sure that the black hoses are taken off the pump and pop the carrage assembly out and replace it!! I found one for sale off the internet and I think I paid like 20 bucks for it but it did come from china!! I also got large dampers for my 1604 for like $1.50 each while the USA sells them for around $25.00 each. anyways thats funny; now I know why things in the usa cost so much because we goughe ourselfs!!

mnapuran

i did this last week. Open up your cover to access the maintenance station. Once in there remove the two screws on the right side of your maintenance station that holds the capping station. lift on the right side and remove the plastic holder that holds your station. from here you should make sure that the black hoses are taken off the pump and pop the carrage assembly out and replace it!! I found one for sale off the internet and I think I paid like 20 bucks for it but it did come from china!! I also got large dampers for my 1604 for like $1.50 each while the USA sells them for around $25.00 each. anyways thats funny; now I know why things in the usa cost so much because we goughe ourselfs!!

Care to share your source for parts? :wink:

henryp

So some of my tubes coming from the capping station that create a suction around the head of the printer came loose from the pump I believe. I called mutoh and they said it's very hard to put them back and I will have to take it apart. I'm debating doing that or getting one from cmyk parts. How difficult would it be to replace this? Has anyone done this first hand? Does anyone have a video tutorial of how it was done? Or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

If you can remove the cap unit from the maintenance station, you can easily reinsert the ink tubes back on the cap. Very easy to do but a bit hard to explain it here in writing. The cap unit just clicks into its slot in the maintenance assembly.