• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet help

Rusty B

I just did a head wash. After doing this, I have air in the black ink line. The cyan, yellow, and magenta are fine in the lines it seems. When I try to print, nothing prints. Before the head wash, I did print black and cyan just fine. The yellow and the magenta were clogged. Is there any relation from having air in the black lines that would cause the other 3 colors not to print during a nozzle check? I have new dampers on the way but am curious as to why the cyan, magenta, and yellow would not print even though ink shows in the line. This is my first Mutoh so I am new to the processes involved.

Rusty B

Thanks for the replies. I am trying everything stated. It seems the black has an air leak most definitely. I will try to suction the drain hoses next to see if I can pull ink. Like I said I am new to this but I am trying! When I take the line loose above the damper and suction ink pulls perfect. I can hook it to the damper and try to pull ink and I can for sure hear air. When I replace all the dampers which will probably be next week before they arrive I will update this post. Thanks again for the quick replies!

Emidio

Your Source for Signs
I had this problem a few years back. Make sure the ink cartridges in the back are pushed all the way in.
This can cause air to get into the lines. Hope this helps.

Rusty B

Thanks for the tip~ I will definitely check that. I did find a problem with the 2 lines being clogged in the maintenance station. I took it off and cleaned it up soaked all of those lines. Also the 3 rubber lines on the capping station were clogged. They should all be clear now and I plan to put it all back on today. Thanks again!

Rusty B

Finally got it printing somewhat. I am missing a lot of nozzles even after multiple cleanings. I have all new dampers installed and have no air in ink lines that i can see. The main problem was the f2 fuse and after I replaced that it went back to printing. Just missing many nozzles and a whole block of black. Can I assume the left side of the head cap isn't sealing? It is clean but I suppose it could be out of alignment to the print head because I removed the print head when installing the dampers. I do see ink draining during cleanings but I also see it blow air bubbles from the end of the drain line. That is why I assume it is getting a bad seal. Also when it first starts printing it seems to only print magenta then the other colors start about a half inch up the print. Seeing as magenta is on the far right the seal may better or could the printhead be higher on the right side than the left? Is there a way to adjust that if it is the problem? Thanks for any advice!