• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet Spit Pads

heyskull

Has anyone found a cheaper source for Spit Pads for the Mutoh Valuejet?
Or has anyone found a cheap alternative?

Thanks
SC

letterman7

I use old towels cut to shape and stacked. Right now I have a piece of scrap felt from a job in there. You can use anything as long as it's absorbent, even women's maxi pads if you're so inclined. At some point I will look into just having it drip into a container and eliminate the catch tray altogether as the tray itself is getting a bit beat from the ink.

Johnny Best

Your talking about the small sponge spit pad that the head passes over all the time.
I take it out of the plastic holder and lay it flat between two clean rags and pat to absorb the ink off the sponge. If you do find an alternative cheaper source I would like to know also.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We sell the OEM ones and I do agree $36 for 5 tiny sponges is a lot. I always use OEM as a dealer but I have heard some people use custom cut to size feminine hygiene products. Basically, as long as it is able to absorb the ink, doesn't expand, and doesn't allow ink to splash back up on to the head surface, you are good to go.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Your talking about the small sponge spit pad that the head passes over all the time.
I take it out of the plastic holder and lay it flat between two clean rags and pat to absorb the ink off the sponge. If you do find an alternative cheaper source I would like to know also.

I have seen some people leave it in a phone book overnight to flatten and dry out as well.