• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh valujet 1617h

brothersscreen

Have had this machine for about 3 years and have already replaced 3 heads due to "clogs". It always seems to be the red ink. Last time, I had problems with the blue and I started cleaning manually and automatically, after a few tries the blue mostly came back but I completely lost my second head of red. This time it was the black. It kept dropping out and giving me a messed up nozzle test. I can get the black back but once again Ive completely lost my 2nd head of red. We were told maybe it was expired ink after the first time, so we've kept up on the ink. Then they started changing the shelf life of the ink and said once again maybe it was expired ink. This time, the red doesnt expire for a year. Same with the black. No one has answers and all we have done is lost money of this machine due to the mulitple busted heads. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What kind of ink are you running? Is it a bulk system? When was the last time you replaced the maintenance station and dampers?

brothersscreen

mutoh mp 11 inks. We replaced the head and dampers back in August. Im not totally sure what the maintenance station is but if its the part with the grid like lines and all the colors that you soak when you clean it, that was replaced with the head.