• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1204 Banding Issues

dsrgraphics

I'm having some really bad banding issues on my 4 year old Valuejet 1204 printer. It really shows up on solid colors. When I run a nozzle check it is all fine. My temperature settings are preheater 40 dryer 40 and platen 38 not sure if that could be it. I attached an image below.

Attachments

• IMG_20161015_143237265.jpg
    IMG_20161015_143237265.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 248

RG

Are you sure that all of your yellow jets are firing? If you have a blue light that you can shine on the yellow jets in your nozzle check, then the hard-to-see yellow shows up really well.

guitarguy69

In the utility mode there is a PF adjustment. It puts lines at predetermined distances apart, and you measure them and either add feed or take feed away to make the measurement accurate. It looks as though the feed is not long enough and the passes are overlapping.

are you running the correct profile. It could be media feed too, but your profile also controls the feed of the media and can cause banding. Have you tried another media type?