• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ 1204 Damper Replacement

We have a Mutoh 1204 just over a year old and decided to replace all 8 dampers in the print head. Machine was working fine before we changed out the dampers. We have changed the dampers and pulled the ink back to dampers and removed all air from the lines. We have put it all back together and now the printer will not print at all. Any suggestions on what to check next or what might be the problem.

Stealth Ryder

1. What made you decide to replace the dampers? I rarely replace dampers unless they have been clogged by old or inferior ink...
2. When replacing the Dampers did you replace the O-Ring? If not you should have, and made sure the sealed correctly..

We were starting to get some spots in prints and was thinking it may be the dampers. The o-rings are fine and we have a good seal. Been talking with someone else and I believe our issue is with the capping assembly. We are not getting any pull from the pump. I believe we have found the issue and are going to test it in a few.

Stealth Ryder

Maintenance Assy should be replaced every 2-3 years in my opinion and is usually where I start when troubleshooting ink flow issues...