• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ-1204 not printing magenta

identity78

Our Mutoh VJ-1204 is not printing magenta. I'm wondering if there is a clog somewhere. I noticed when I moved the print head carriage to the left there is no magenta ink in the tubes and I can see where some magenta has leaked at the base of the ink tube. There was also some magenta leakage on the media after I printed out a sample. I have completed two head washes already and its still not printing magenta. Does any one know what could be causing this and what is the solution to this issue?

heyskull

Can you show pictures of where the magenta ink has leaked.
Most problems with blocked nozzles on these machines is due to either blocked pumps or bad seals on the capping station also gummed up wipers can be an issue.
I tend to fill the cap with a little cleaning fluid once a week. This keeps the pump and drain lines clear of blockages.
When was the last time it had a new complete maintenance station?

On a further note:-
Do not perform head washes or recharges as this is just a waste of your ink.
If after the second strong head clean the head test is not getting any better you have another issue.

SC

RG

Make sure that there is ink in the magenta ink cartridge. I have had this same thing happen when the printer would show 50% on a cartridge. Make sure the pump and cap top tubing is not blocked. Make sure the air-tube under the cap top is not blocked. No ink in the magenta line could be from an o-ring gone bad.

identity78

Thanks for the replies. We ended up having a repair man take a look at it. Air was getting in the tubes and the dampers needed to be replaced.

New to Printing

Hello,

I have had a 1204 for a little bit now and I've been learning as I go... I finally got all my temperatures set and my prints to look real nice. UNTIL today. I started printing today and all my colors are off. I checked to make sure the drivers and profiles are the same and they were. I now looked at the printer and it appears the Magenta tubes are purple or almost brown looking. Any ideas???