• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ-1604 Black Ink Won't Print

ElJay

New print head
New maintenance station
New set of dampers

After several strong cleanings, little charges, and using a syringe to pull air out of the lines, the dampers in the black ink channels won't fill all the way and I can't get a clean nozzle check. All other colors are fine.

Anyone?

sounds like an air leak some where. Try pulling ink through the damper. If that works, check the manifold. make sure 1 of the nipples isn't broken.

ElJay

I can pull ink through the dampers, but they never fill up more than half way. All the other dampers are completely full..They ALL should only fill about half way, correct? Once again, print head, maintainence station and dampers are all new.

The dampers do not need to fill up all the way.Make sure the head is sitting all the way down in the carriage. Make sure the bottom of the head is level. The black is at the end of the head. It might not be getting a good seal on the cap. You can hook the syringe up to the 2 waste lines coming out of the pump. Pull gently and see if you hear an air leak.