• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ-628 starts printing fast then slows wayyyyyy down

jrnyc789

So basically im running flexi rip and the Mutoh VJ-628 when the printing starts it is very fast and basically moving back and forth with no pauses after about two sets of decals are done it starts to run super slow then after running slow for a few it again runs fast for a few more passes then slows down again. Does anyone know of something i can do to fix this or is this normal? any help would be greatly appreciated.

im running windows 7 premium with 6GB ram quad core 2.5GHZ 64 bit with newest version of flexi cloud.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Your firewall is most likely the cause. Try turning it off and see what happens. If that fixes it create an exception in it for Production Manager and you should be good.

jrnyc789

Unfortunately that did not work but thanks for the reply. Im on the road today but tomorrow I'm going to try and give Mutoh a call if that doesn't help i will try and give SAI a call see what they can come up with. Thanks Again

Any other ideas from anyone???

Kathi Hauser

Sign Girl
Buffer

Many things make it buffer slow.
I prefer to keep my production printer OFFLINE and then my antivirus can be totally disabled...this is difficult with 'Cloud Software'.
See what else you have on the same Network and consider reconfiguring your set up.
I prefer a direct connect with a short crossover - faster processing.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
+1 on trying to run it direct with a cross over cable. It is something that is slowing down your communication with the printer. The cross over cable with either point to the network or the computer as the cause.

jrnyc789

Thanks i appreciate the help i will give that a try ASAP and report back on the thread. i was unaware i could hook up the printer directly would of done that from the start guess i was too excited to get it going didnt really look into it much.