• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh VJ1204 New printhead zero nozzle

oldcaliprinting

Just installed a new printhead on a Mutoh 1204, the first time I installed the head I received the dreaded e075err head cable error. I swapped out print head cables but these were longer than the original. I was able to clear the error.
Now the issue seems that I can not get any color to fire on the nozzle check at all. I tried doing a little and normal charge on the ink. Ink is flowing through the capping station and into the waste pad.
The only thing I can think of is it's still the head cables?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The head cable error means there was a short and shorts blow fuses. You need a new fuse on the main board. It's a 750mA 125V quick blow fuse. If you are lucky, you have a later version of the 1204 which has a sockets fuse in which case you can just pop a new on in. If it's older though, you will have to solder.

oldcaliprinting

Took the board to the local cellphone repair since I didnt have the tools. Tested ok, wired the board back up and now I just get Red lights and no power to the display. Reading from left to right 2 reds 2 blank the rest red. Also, LD1 is red, and I get an LD1 flashing red on the next board over. I am ready to roll this thing into the street.
20170510_201049.jpg
20170510_201110.jpg

oldcaliprinting

Got er running!!! Thanks to the guys at Solvent Inkjet for all the support. They recommended pulling out the memory stick, blowing some compressed air. Came right back up. Did a little charge and boom 100% nozzle. Beef Jerky time.