• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh vj1604 head rank number help

PhatWall

I was told that in order for a new printhead to work you must enter the head rank number. well forst of all where do I find this number and where do I input it in my mutoh settings?? Please help somebody!!!

Stealth Ryder

It is usually printed on a small white label, see the pic below...
Enter the new values from the Service Mode...

Attachments

• HeadRank.jpg
    HeadRank.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 243

Stealth Ryder

Hold the UP, DOWN, and RIGHT arrow buttons down while turning on the Printer. Navigate to Parameters, then Head ranks... Enter the new values, then confirm change... Once confirmed, CANCEL back as far as you can then turn the machine off... Turn on as usual and begin printing...

PhatWall

Thank you so much!! I updated the information as stated then when I was done I did an ink charge then restarted the printer. I am out of magenta so I cantcheck it untill tuesday but I appreciate all of your help!!!

henryp

I was told that in order for a new printhead to work you must enter the head rank number. well forst of all where do I find this number and where do I input it in my mutoh settings?? Please help somebody!!!

A new printhead should still print even without entering its head rank but you may not get the best print quality from it. Part of the head rank is the printhead's voltage offset values which controls the size and shape of the main dot and the positioning of its satellite dots.

jc1cell

Just tried to input the head ranks for the vj 1604 and after I complete the input of the data it gives me an input error no matter how many times I do it.

Any ideas as to why?

Cheers
jc

Robert M

head rank

How many lines is the head rank? Try putting in the old one and see if the printer will take it. If it does the head rank my not be right for that printer or you are mixing up a number for a letter

SE SignSupply

Make sure you are taking the headrank off the sticker on the head itself, not the package the head came in.

I have seen Epson heads that the format on the box was not the same as the sticker on the head.