• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh vj1614 magenta print problems

I do a head clean and the nozzle check works perfectly then it stops printing magenta after about 2 inches of print. Do another head clean, nozzle check is perfect.. 2 inches of printing no more magenta.
Its a new cartridge and makes no difference. Was printing fine then sat for about 4 hours and then this started.
Any ideas?

update: It was printing only a small piece and the Cr was set to "data" instead of "Machine". I f I make it go the full width it prints fiune.. almost like it is going too fast to feed the magenta..
Definitely a new problem!!

FatCat

WIthout knowing more, it almost sounds like a damper issue - when is the last time those have been changed? Over time dampers can clog with sediment/pigment particles from the ink. I would also check to make sure there are no air bubbles in your magenta lines that might indicate an air leak somewhere....

rogermiro

rogermiro
I do a head clean and the nozzle check works perfectly then it stops printing magenta after about 2 inches of print. Do another head clean, nozzle check is perfect.. 2 inches of printing no more magenta.
Its a new cartridge and makes no difference. Was printing fine then sat for about 4 hours and then this started.
Any ideas?
My 4the printhead is broken. Always the cyan part of the head is bat. I use a bulksystem whit UMS ink (original). We replace the heads after cleaning en replace all the materials thats neccesery. Mutoh says "Its the oxidation of the cyaan because thats not a closed system. Now, after repeat the hole procedure, we use cartridges. We have the same problem, spray in the cyan.
Is there someone whit the same problem?

roger