• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ1614 Not clearing data after cancelled print

Treloen

Hi everyone. I was recently running some 3.3 x 1.55m banners on my Mutoh VJ1614. One of them went wrong, so I pressed cancel to stop the print, which it did, but the data light stayed flashing and the print started again from the beginning. I turned the printer off and on (front panel and mains), but the print restarted yet again. I ended up running the print as it was to get it out of the way. I couldn't cancel on the rip (Flexisign), as all of the data had already been sent to the printer. Smaller prints cancel fine just by pressing Cancel button on the printer. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a way around it?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think if the blue light is flashing it is most likely still getting print data from the computer.
Maybe close down Flexi and the Program Manager if it is running separate. Could be holding it in a queue depending on how Flexi is talking to the printer.

wayne k
guam usa

0igo

If you go and cancel on the printer you need to press abort on the computer..to do this right click on the job you are printing and click abort. Then it will understand it needs to cancel. If you don'thit abort it printer will print a bit more and then cancel.

Treloen

Thanks for the replies. The PC had already sent all of the data to the printer, so there wasn't any data left in Flexisign to cancel. I've not printed anything that big since, and all of the usual day to day printing isn't giving any problems when cancelling on the printer. I'll try the pulling the plug option with one of the large files some time when I can leave the printer not doing anything for a while, then report back.