• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ1624 30” Media

Kelsey Adams

Just bought the printer and trying to get it set up with 30” media just so I can start setting up color profiles, etc. I do have 50” media. Is this supposed to be set up directly in the middle of the platen? Trying to test print and get error Measurement Error (Media Detection). Also, what is this black thing that slides back and forth(see pic)?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 246
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 100

Kelsey Adams

Also when trying to initialize media width, get the error undefined media. I do have a piece of vinyl over the sensor and that doesn’t seem to do the trick. Only way I was able to print the color pallete was to enter width myself.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
That "Black thing" looks like it should ride over the edge of the media you are printing to keep the edge from lifting while the head passes. I could be wrong though, have not operated a Mutoh before.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Should be 2 black things - one for each edge. You lift it up just a little to slide the flat part over the media.
There is a media 'end' sensor in the center (behind the pinch wheels) so you need to have that covered to load the media without an error popping up. I print most of my stuff from the right-justified side unless it is not wide enough to go over the sensor.

Kelsey Adams

Should be 2 black things - one for each edge. You lift it up just a little to slide the flat part over the media.
There is a media 'end' sensor in the center (behind the pinch wheels) so you need to have that covered to load the media without an error popping up. I print most of my stuff from the right-justified side unless it is not wide enough to go over the sensor.
I did end up finding the other black thing under the vinyl :rolleyes: .
So even with printing 30" wide vinyl, it doesn't cover the sensor. So do I need to make sure that I have it slid over enough that is covers the sensor?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I did end up finding the other black thing under the vinyl :rolleyes: .
So even with printing 30" wide vinyl, it doesn't cover the sensor. So do I need to make sure that I have it slid over enough that is covers the sensor?
Yes, or.... use the high tech option of putting a piece of vinyl over the sensor hole. Fixes a lot of issues with double-sided printing and some materials having honking big 3M logos printed in dark blue tricking the sensor into thinking you are at the end of the roll and aborting the current run. Just have to be careful not to let it run out of material - without the sensor, it will keep laying ink down onto the platten.