• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh's New (frustrating) Ink Cartridge

SwiSh

I'm looking for feedback, from anyone, that has had issues with Mutoh's revamped ink cartridges.

I first noticed the new cartridges back in April, beginning with the Magenta ink. From the beginning, there was a constant issue with the cartridge fitting improperly into the slot. "NO Ink Cartridge" was all I got, until I pulled it out, put it back in, and it would work fine. I did this a few times, until I got air bubbles in the lines. Big pain in the rear when you have to draw a line because of an ink cartridge not fitting properly.

As well, and this could just be me, but I really believe I've seen a shift in clolor, specifically with my gray's, which now print far more magenta than they ever did.

So I've now started receiving the cartridges in my other colors, and of course they all give me issues with the way way they fit into the slots. Even in the middle of printing, I'll hear the dreaded beep and see "NO Ink Cartridge". I know how everything works inside the cartridge slot, but can't believe that issue hasn't been remedied yet.

So I ask anyone for feedback. Have you had the same issue? Do you have any suggestions, or ideas on how to remedy the problem? Seen a color shift? Or better yet, heard anything from Mutoh on the issue? I'm on my way to contact them myself. Thanks for any insight on this issue!

SwiSh

CS-SignSupply

As for the ink cartridge position, I have seen a problem with the Roland printers not recognizing some cartridges. Gently lifting up on them from the rear end of the cartridge seemed to resolve the cartridge reading error.... So, I added a piece of 30 mil magnetic material to the cartridge bay that helped support/lift the cartridge a bit more.

Might be worth checking to see if you see the error disappear after lifting the rear end of the cartridge a little.

FatCat

Are you speaking of a change in a particular model's ink cartridge?
I have not seen any difference in my Valuejets cartridges.

SwiSh

I have a Mutoh Falcon II Outdoor, an older model. The ink cartridges that I'm getting now, compared to the old one's, are a bit shorter in length, and have information tabs (stickers) on the top fronts. Newer one's also have a solid white color to them, as the older one's were a bit translucent. And, newer one's have a rubber puncture hole, as the older one's have a foil puncture hole.

tomence

I just got Falcon Jr that i am working on and bought OEM inks and have the same problem it gives me no ink one time on yellow then next time will be magenta then black all the time there is at least one cartridge that says no ink.

Newbie_on

Went to my local supplier and I look to the Mutoh VJ cartriges and the look the same as the older Falcon Outdoor Style cartidges, the only difference is the smart card that you need to trash in order to get them to work with your Falcon Cartriges. Put this VJ carts run an ink fill and bubbles went away!!

It worked for me!