• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My colors are coming out darker than the are suppose to

Dawn N

Sign Owner
HI,
I am running Flexi Plus 8.6 and the last few months my colors are coming our alot darker than they are suppose to be. If anyone might have an idea why this would be happening and any suggestions I can try will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Thank you very much,
Dawn C.

ams

Any chance you are doing an overprint or double strike? Another could be if you switched from CMYK to RGB or even something else. There are many things that can cause it.

printhog

recalibrate your print media. flexi sometimes loses its connection to the media calibration files. especially after windows updates.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Any chance you are doing an overprint or double strike? Another could be if you switched from CMYK to RGB or even something else. There are many things that can cause it.

Are you talking about vector data or bitmaps or gradients or what?

Switching from CMYK bitmaps to RGB bitmaps generally will produce brighter prints. Sending CMYK bitmaps usually results in much muddier looking output.

What are your rendering intents?

ams

Are you talking about vector data or bitmaps or gradients or what?

Switching from CMYK bitmaps to RGB bitmaps generally will produce brighter prints. Sending CMYK bitmaps usually results in much muddier looking output.

What are your rendering intents?

The overprint happens in your rip software. As for CMYK, 0,0,0,100 is a lighter black and 100,100,100,100 is a darker black. Do you have any settings that are increasing or deceasing the color contrast? make sure you use the correct color palette for your rip software/