• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my fc8000-75 took a crap today

ironchef

I think it was a power outage. Or something like that. Because it was working fine yesterday. We come in this morning and get this error. And it says off scale. Nothing will cut. Its a mess. Anyone have any info on the matter? Please and thank you

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120731_133650.png
    ForumRunner_20120731_133650.png
    648.5 KB · Views: 109

Matt-Tastic

menu > I/F > Command > set it to GP-GL (or auto if you want)
menu > I/F > Step Size > set to (Probably 1016)

I assume you are using Cutting Master or ONYX10. the settings may be different based on your output software. the Error 1 means that the command language is wrong. Graphtec plotters are bi-lingual, but they have to know what language you are speaking first.

ironchef

Ohh. I didnt know that. Thanks. Im using gerber omega 4.0 to cut. Is their different instructions for that?

amw

Longtime Members
You should have it pluged into a surge protector or battery backup, if you dont all ready.

Marsha

ironchef

I know I'm going to buy one. I think that's what it was marsha. It was on a power surge. But we moved things around. Will those 40-50 dollar power surges work? Or do i need the 130 and up ones.

amw

Longtime Members
I know I'm going to buy one. I think that's what it was marsha. It was on a power surge. But we moved things around. Will those 40-50 dollar power surges work? Or do i need the 130 and up ones.
For the plotter a $50 one is fine IMO.

Marsha

ironchef

Thanks. It can cut now but its way off scale. I haven't done the firmware reset. Ill just call graphtec up or my supplier. Thanks for the advise guys

ironchef

Hello to all. I downloaded the driver first then the firmware from graphtecamerica.com and it all worked out fine. My scale was at 2, i remember messing around with that. Put it back at 1 and everything is working again. Thanks again for your help guys