• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Friday has started out...well...you tell me

gabagoo

I'm telling you it doesn't rain...it pours idiots today.....

it's only 10:30 and 3 seperate events have already happened.

1) get a request for 15 custom logo no parking signs from a repeat customer and we have them ready.
Tell receptionist to call them and instruct them that these orders are COD and we will need payment.

I have dealt with this guy for over 6 years ,but we find we are constantly calling for money, so to hell with him, he pays COD.

He emails my receptionist a rude thank you for being treated like a stranger message and we will bring a cheque in.

When she told me this I told her to forward the email to me and l will handle him.

I basically told him that when I quote a price and give 30 day terms, it does not also include 4 phone calls and payment 90 plus days later. I also told him I would prefer to have him on terms, as cod requires more work for me if the receptionist is not here, so if indeed you really have to have terms...then make sure I dont have to call you. I also told him with an "lol" that Visa will give you 30 days and is more than happy if you dont want to pay on time

2) get a call from Victor.... a man that works for an irrigation company that orders graphics to label up thier trucks and equipment. he has a strong spanish accent and even though I understand him it seems he ordered a pile of white lettering for vehicle numbers and picked them up 45 days ago.
Today he calls and trys to tell us that we were supposed to cut them in blue and not white. he might be right, but I am not doing it for free this far after he ordered them.
I instructed him from now on either his orders come in via e-mail or fax and we will be taking no more verbal orders.

he says he lives on a farm and has no fax machine to which I said...so.

What does living on a farm have to do with placing a proper order? Call the head office of the people you work for and have them send me the info.

I think he is now worried that he may have bitten off more than he can chew and might get in trouble for screwing up the order.

Now we go to number 3

I like using 3/4" 3M masking tape when I tape up laminate for running sheeted material. I will go through about 3 or 4 rolls a month or more.
last time I ordered a case form my Gerber / 3M dealer and recieved 24 rolls in a case. I call today to reorder and he insists I did not get 3M and that it was a house brand from another company.
I told him to hold on and grabbed a roll and read the inner core info to him. Scotch!!!! 3M!!! wtf!!!

he then tells me that the code on the invoice indicates it came from a supplier that sends them some cheaper tape.
I told him that this case came from them, and that I wanted another case.
He now tells me that it has always come in 48 to a case and cant be sold individually.

I then asked him how I got a case of 24 last year? he says that the warehouse guy must have picked the wrong product.
I said, but you said a case has 48 rolls and I got a sealed case of 24, how could that have happened.... seeing you only sell a full 48 roll case.

he says that they guy must have opened a case and repacked it into another case.

I told him to listen to himself and how completely Efed up does this sound.

So I ordered the correct product, the order desk puts down the wrong product, send it to the back and the picker picks the wrong product yet it is the right product and I get 24 rolls and I am happy and yet it was done all freakin wrong according to them.

I was in a mood and I just kept insisting that this guy admit that something is really screwed up with their system.

Then he says I can order a 1 " roll of tape by the roll!!!! WTF..fine give me 10..

I think I might have a heart attack by noon!!!!

thanks for listening..... I knew the week was going along to easily for this not to happen hahahah
:banghead:

ddarlak

Go Bills!
sounds like veryone of these issues could have been dealt with much easier....

sounds like you should have stayed home today....

gabagoo

it really isn't so bad, I just felt confrontational today. Normally i would let them all slide and get walked on!!!! lol:ROFLMAO:

TwoNine

So far so good over here in Washington. But it is only 9:30 yet. Anyway, sorry about the good run of bad luck so far - hopefully it'll get better throughout the day.

-Chad

brush1

Today I cut my finger with exacto nife. First time in 14 years!!!!!!
Must be somethings in the air!!!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • Got in this morning and Jeremy had the Roland taken apart and was fixing it. An hour later it was back up and running.
  • One guy called in at 4:30 yesterday afternoon and said he wouldn't be in today.
  • The flatbed is running almost 14 hour days and we can't keep up.
  • The Ice cream truck is still here..... she keeps changing her frickin' mind.....:frustrated:
  • Larry has to take next week off.... unexpectedly.
  • Orders are pouring in and I'm loosing manpower.
  • I can't have a drop of whiskey until 7pm tonight.
  • Found out last night I'm quitting whiskey for 2 weeks starting Monday... possibly 4 weeks. All depends on Tony..... my new friend :covereyes:
  • I just gotta stop there. It can't get no worse than NO WHISKEY

GINO.gif

JERHEMI

I'm grateful two of my very good friends are getting married tonight! I'm looking forward to throwin' on the party pants and blowing off a little steam with some delicious Captain & Coke! :toasting:

HulkSmash

just had a guy completely rage at me because i won't wrap his jetskis. He wants me to wrap under and inside of them. I'm explaining it will fail. And we will do it if he signs that we're not responsible we'll do it no problem. Said he's going to tell his boss ( a guy we wrapped 6 vans for who absolutely love them) how bad we treated him because we couldn't do what he wanted... what a riot.

Guy just left who also completely raged because i wouldn't cut him a massive infinity logo to put on the side of his car. He said no one follows copyright laws, and why should I.

got a RV and 2 cars to finish, 1 car. A ton of table work (banners, signs, blah blah)
for today because monday we have another train...HAHASHIPSAFJASLDHFAS;JDFHASDJKFASDF

Fatboy

I'm telling you it doesn't rain...it pours idiots today.....

it's only 10:30 and 3 seperate events have already happened.

1) get a request for 15 custom logo no parking signs from a repeat customer and we have them ready.
Tell receptionist to call them and instruct them that these orders are COD and we will need payment.

I have dealt with this guy for over 6 years ,but we find we are constantly calling for money, so to hell with him, he pays COD.

He emails my receptionist a rude thank you for being treated like a stranger message and we will bring a cheque in.

When she told me this I told her to forward the email to me and l will handle him.

I basically told him that when I quote a price and give 30 day terms, it does not also include 4 phone calls and payment 90 plus days later. I also told him I would prefer to have him on terms, as cod requires more work for me if the receptionist is not here, so if indeed you really have to have terms...then make sure I dont have to call you. I also told him with an "lol" that Visa will give you 30 days and is more than happy if you dont want to pay on time

Same freaking thing happened to me today!

C

ColoPrinthead

Maybe the Corporate BS I'm putting up with will make you feel better.

We have one employee who has been complaining that the smells of my print room are making her sick. She works in IT so she has been working from home when this happens. The head IT guy hired someone to come in and do some environmental testing for VOCs in my area. The technician who came out tells me he just gets a reading of levels and can't tell me whats exactly is in the air. Before we even get a report back IT guy and HR bully my department into moving all of our media to offsite storage 5 miles away. I usually have 3 pallets of media on hand and now I'm told I can only have the media I need onsite. At this point my production is halted and my orders are backed up, and the woman left earlier today again - with only 3 rolls of media onsite.

Bonus: IT guy tells me he has friend in Vegas who is in the business that he talked to and learned more than I know in my 10 years of large format. I asked IT guy what shop and he tells me "MGM Grand, 18th floor". Can you imagine even the most stupid person you've ever met deciding to set up an operation on an 18th floor while storing all media off site?! Apparently these MGM printers have 6 Rolands. I hate people who lie.

The positive is that I'm leaving early, making lots of trips to the hardware store, and generally doing nothing. I'm about to go drive around the foothills and grab a few beers before coming back for an hour and leaving at 4. I also get to work all weekend while the building is empty. I'm actually really a dedicated hard working employee and keep myself busy all day, but I have no work that can be done right now.

anotherdog

I have to say I'm having a great Friday. I took the morning off to cut the grass -beautiful weather, sunny with a breeze, Just popped in to check on Jobs printing. Did a little design work, did a little invoicing and tonight dinner and a movie.

I had the day you were all supposed to have.

mark galoob

well, i got to fire an employee today who i found out was even lazier than i thought...you ever notice your regular customers wont tell you how bad your employees are till after they leave...jeez i wish i would have known i would have kicked him to the curb weeks ago... anyways, now im here by myself.

tomorrow will be better im going shooting

mark galoob

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I just gotta stop there. It can't get no worse than NO WHISKEY

My house is stockpiled right now for our house warming party tomorrow. You're more than welcome to swing by and jug a couple bottles before Monday.

But I don't carry Bushmills. Jameson is the only whiskey that comes through my door.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My house is stockpiled right now for our house warming party tomorrow. You're more than welcome to swing by and jug a couple bottles before Monday.

But I don't carry Bushmills. Jameson is the only whiskey that comes through my door.

Thanks, but I don't think I cam make it up that way. The Goddess has the whole day planned.... actually she has tonight, all day and night tomorrow and Sunday completely planned out. I'm building an arbor tonight with the help of Bushmills. Tomorrow, all kinds of chores and do-dads I gotta get done with Bushmills stating around 2 in the afternoon. I'll have to stop though to go dancing tomorrow night..... if we go.....:wink: Sunday is all kinds of things around the house again with the Bushmill pouring starting around 2 or 2:30.

Monday then starts a two week trial of no booze and if I can do it.... I'm adding another two weeks to it. :covereyes:

Anyway, thanks for the offer. Hope you have a great time !! :rock-n-roll:

gabagoo

Thanks, but I don't think I cam make it up that way. The Goddess has the whole day planned.... actually she has tonight, all day and night tomorrow and Sunday completely planned out. I'm building an arbor tonight with the help of Bushmills. Tomorrow, all kinds of chores and do-dads I gotta get done with Bushmills stating around 2 in the afternoon. I'll have to stop though to go dancing tomorrow night..... if we go.....:wink: Sunday is all kinds of things around the house again with the Bushmill pouring starting around 2 or 2:30.

Monday then starts a two week trial of no booze and if I can do it.... I'm adding another two weeks to it. :covereyes:

Anyway, thanks for the offer. Hope you have a great time !! :rock-n-roll:

Good luck Gino..... hang in there!!!!