• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My kid's Second Grade Spelling List this week....haha

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
peach.jpg
peach.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh boy......this is gonna go political, almost immediately.............

Last edited:

Reveal1

OK Gino, let's try to nudge this in another but related direction. Just did some large indoor banners for a sports facility. The buyer was having a fund raising poker game (don't ask) and someone noticed two spelling errors. After five proofs among half dozen people (embarrassingly including yours truly) , no one had caught them. When I asked my Millennial designer if AI had spell check, she replied, 'yes, but it's not automatic'. Through clenched teeth 'how about we do a spell check on every job before proofing?' At least Tex's kid actually is learning to spell.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Trump was ROUGHOUSING and showing TOUGHNESS to Ukrane. Now them dems are IMPEACHING and OVEREACHING. Trump will retire to his BEACHFRONT
And this is next weeks lesson...the new pronouns...I may need to take night classes to figure this out.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 747

Gino

Premium Subscriber
OK Gino, let's try to nudge this in another but related direction. Just did some large indoor banners for a sports facility. The buyer was having a fund raising poker game (don't ask) and someone noticed two spelling errors. After five proofs among half dozen people (embarrassingly including yours truly) , no one had caught them. When I asked my Millennial designer if AI had spell check, she replied, 'yes, but it's not automatic'. Through clenched teeth 'how about we do a spell check on every job before proofing?' At least Tex's kid actually is learning to spell.

Alright, but I don't see the connection ?? One is laziness and incompetence of many levels. Bad spelling at your age has nothing to do with their word usage. The other is a word, which is almost never used, except very recent. Why on earth do you need to put that word into a second graders mind now, when I bet it hasn't been used in decades or if ever ?? It's a low blow and using children to get a point across. Some really dumb stunt buy our educational system, once again.

Reveal1

Then let me spell it out for you. I don't disagree on your political view, but as it relates to our business, I'm glad that a second grader is actually getting some challenging words to spell. Seems like every other college graduate I interview doesn't even know basic spelling and has become so reliant on technology they can't think for themselves.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Tell your Millennial designer that AI does have auto spell check - now. I was just looking at "whats new" in Illustrator, and it now has auto spell check.
Edit>Spelling>Auto Spell Check. :bookworm