• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My new Sign Installation Command Center (aka SICC) vehicle...haha...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Just wanted to post about up about this van, I'm loving it. If anyone is considering a new work vehicle, this thing definitely serves the purpose.

Anyone know why this forum won't keep pictures in the order they're uploaded...?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Put a couple of parts organizers on the rear doors for screws, anchors, studs, spacers, etc.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 397
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 363
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 397
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 367

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Installed a roof-mounted interior ladder rack so the floor is pretty much completely clear and able to accommodate 4'x8' sheet material.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 365
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 367
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 362
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 398

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Added a cargo carrier for times I'm installing post-mounted signs. I can carry six bags, which is enough for three holes (normally only do two at the most) and the generator. Mainly added this so I didn't have to carry the concrete and generator inside the van.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 373
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 370
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 422
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 412
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 368

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thumb: Saweeet.

You are TOO organized for me. My stuff is always here and there and then I say.... Okay, who moved the such & such ?? :Big Laugh

DerbyCitySignGuy

Super slick.

I can't believe how clean it still is after a few weeks. We can't keep the interiors of our work trucks clean around here for even a couple days. Our installers are gross. Haha!

Moze

Precision Sign Services
:thumb: Saweeet.

You are TOO organized for me. My stuff is always here and there and then I say.... Okay, who moved the such & such ?? :Big Laugh

There's no such thing as TOO organized. :) I don't work well if stuff isn't organized. A little bit OCD I guess.

Super slick.

I can't believe how clean it still is after a few weeks. We can't keep the interiors of our work trucks clean around here for even a couple days. Our installers are gross. Haha!

It's much easier to keep clean and tidy than the pickup was, I guess because everything isn't as crammed in. Easier to find the stuff that needs to be thrown out. :)

With the addition to the insulation / sound paneling helped with heat and road noise?

Not sure about heat but it's definitely helped with the road noise. Before it sounded like a rattly tin can. Now it sounds like a muffled tin can. :)

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Can't help but sing the praises of this van. The max payload capacity is advertised as 2,502 pounds.

Picked up forty-five sheets of ½" drywall at 51 pounds per sheet equals 2,295 pounds. About 75 pounds of insulation and 75 pounds of tools and a 50 pound ladder brings it to 2,495 pounds.

The van barely squatted and still handled and braked really well.

Love this thing.

Attachments

• 20160601_161733.jpg
    20160601_161733.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 20160601_161810.jpg
    20160601_161810.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 255

mnapuran

Moze... looking good :) What specific model is that? Looks different then what I thought it was.

Might have to stop by and check it out :smile:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Moze... looking good :) What specific model is that? Looks different then what I thought it was.

Might have to stop by and check it out :smile:

Thanks! The next install you send my way, I'll swing by and you can check it out. :wink:

T_K

Picked this up on Saturday. Figured since this is basically set up for installations, I would post this here in case anyone else is in the market for something similar. For me it's just about the perfect vehicle for the type of sign installs I do. It will hold 4x8 sheet material, has a cargo capacity of 2500 pounds, can tow 5000 pounds, gets 21/24 mpg, will fit in any parking garage, etc. I'm pretty happy with it.

I really like your setup. It's great you have something you could wrap, if you wanted, or leave it anonymous. I know there's lots of debate on that point.

Could you give me a rundown of the gearboxes and such you've installed on it? Did you install all the racks and such yourself, or did you hire someone to do it?

Our shop is a probably long way away from needing an install vehicle like this, but it's nice to have something in mind once you get there.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I really like your setup. It's great you have something you could wrap, if you wanted, or leave it anonymous. I know there's lots of debate on that point.

Could you give me a rundown of the gearboxes and such you've installed on it? Did you install all the racks and such yourself, or did you hire someone to do it?

Our shop is a probably long way away from needing an install vehicle like this, but it's nice to have something in mind once you get there.

Thanks!

The boxes behind the drivers seat are DeWalt Tstaks. Boxes over drivers side wheel well are DeWalt Tough Boxes. DeWalt Tough cart is over the other wheel well. Roof-mounted ladder rack is a Weatherguard, purchased off Amazon. The parts organizers on the rear doors are off Amazon. Roof rack is factory, cross bars are off eBay. I installed everything.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Decided to just go with some magnets for the side since there's time's I want to identify who I am and other times I don't.

Quick little diddy thanks to Phillip...

Attachments

• Metris Magnets.jpg
    Metris Magnets.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 295

Speedsterbeast

Decided to just go with some magnets for the side since there's time's I want to identify who I am and other times I don't.

Quick little diddy thanks to Phillip...

Booooo!
Wanted to see that blank canvas transformed.
But I've always liked simple and clean too.

reQ

I would not be able to keep it organized inside for very long time lol.

P.S. As for simplicity - i agree, love simple signage. Looks professional!

WCSign

Great pics! Ive been considering one of those.. the price seems too close to the full size sprinter though ( could be mistaken but I thought it was only like 10k lower )