• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MY ROLAND SC540 WON'T ACCEPT MY SCAN SIDE VALUES

Rayg

I ran a test pattern and my Roland. SCAN side shows a cut line off to the left of the guide. I followed the directions in the book to change the value. Everytime it prints it shows the same cut with no movement.
Does anyone know how to change this?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Go in to service mode and run the encoder setup and the encoder calibration. If either of those fail, you might need a new encoder strip, sensor and/or servo board. If they complete without any error messages, go back to the user side menu and run the environmental match. If that completes without error, now go back and try the print/cut alignment again.

Rayg

Go in to service mode and run the encoder setup and the encoder calibration. If either of those fail, you might need a new encoder strip, sensor and/or servo board. If they complete without any error messages, go back to the user side menu and run the environmental match. If that completes without error, now go back and try the print/cut alignment again.
Vander, thanks for the response. Service mode is protected. ?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Press - Down, Right, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left and then press and hold left, down and right at the same time while powering on. You have about 5 seconds to get that all in for it to work.

Rayg

Press - Down, Right, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left and then press and hold left, down and right at the same time while powering on. You have about 5 seconds to get that all in for it to work.
That worked! prompt came up "SCAN MOTOR ERROR" CODE 0050 0040 Look's like a service call ?

woolly

Having read your post several times I think you are misunderstanding.
The print and cut test with the scale will always show the amount it' out of alignment. You enter the discrepancy value. It will use this new value when it prints and cuts but if you do the print and cut scale it will still show the amount it' off.
In the user menu it only allows you to alter the print and cut.
To alter the crop alignment to cut its in the service menu.

Rayg

I've attached a photo of my Test pattern. I'm hoping this will help the discussion.
In the end what I'm trying to accomplish is to adjust the contour cut so that it's centered to the art.

Attachments

• TEST PATTERN.jpg
    TEST PATTERN.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 119

woolly

Thank you
Enter +.7 in the scan value feed =0 press enter to save. Now when it prints and cuts it uses this new value.
If you print this test again it will be exactly the same as it is now but the print and cut will use the values you set.
This setting is only for print and immeiate cut. If tying to adjust the crop marks to cut alignment its he same process but for crop marks in the service menu.
Slightly strange adjustment process but hope this helps