• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Roland Versacamm has decided to stop reading crop marks. Help!

VinylSticks

I have been using a Roland Versacamm VS-640 for the past 5 years.
I run sheets of decals that are 54 in. wide x 40 in. long. I use crop marks. I remove the sheets after they print, laminate them, then reload them into the Versacamm to cut.
Everything has been fine for years, until recently. Suddenly my printer keeps bring up Crop Mark Error. It can't find the back crop marks. This has happened on multiple sheets, randomly.
It will cut a couple of sheets, then it wont, then it will, and so on.
Nothing has changed. Same material, same vinyl, same laminate, same ink, same settings in Versaworks, same lighting, same room. Any ideas?

strypguy

You might want to try replacing the cut carriage cable. This was the problem with my SP300V. There is also a crop mark sensor that may be bad. John

Joe House

Strypguy is correct. But first, try just cleaning off the bottom of the sensor. It could just have some debris there keeping you from reading the marks.

Joe House

How do you clean the sensor? Thanks
I would try some canned air first. If that doesn't do it, then proceed to a cleaning swab with Isopropyl Alcohol - DO NOT use the Roland cleaning fluid. And just to be clear, the sensor is on the left end of the cut carriage.

Joe

IsItFasst

On my SP-300V there is an adjustment in the service menu that allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor (if the cleaning doesn't work). I've had to do this before when my machine wasn't reading the crop marks.